Friday, January 1, 2010
Our Christmas
This Christmas was not so traditional or maybe it was. As most of you know I have been expecting my baby due date was the 26th. All Christmas plans were in place and I was getting very excited for Christmas morning. I couldn't wait to give Alex and Tony there gifts and enjoy the excitement. We spent Christmas eve at my sisters house eating and hanging out. I had started having contractions that morning but they were not consistent and not progressing. So we continued with our evening and tradition of acting out the Nativity. Well not to long after going to bed we traveled to the hospital and thankfully I did not have to travel by donkey and I had a warm hospital bed instead of a manger and not to mention medication. At 3:48 A.M. Christmas morning my beautiful little boy was born. He came in at 6 lbs. 18" by C-section, there were no complications but he was breech. His name is Zachary Christopher Jaskowick. Zachary meaning: Remembered by God and Christopher means: Christ bearing or one who holds Christ in his heart. We felt this name was very fitting being born on Christmas.
For those that didn't get to see how big I really got we did take a picture Christmas eve. Just in time to.
Here is the beautiful little guy. More pictures of Zach on http://picasaweb.google.com/Jaskowickpics
Zachary was Jaundice and when he came home he had to spend a day on Bilirubin bed to lower his Bilirubin in his body.
Needless to say since I was in the hospital on Christmas morning our giving of gifts got put on hold. Alex went to Grandmas with a few gifts and the rest of the family got together and did Christmas lunch and presents then later came to see me and Zachary. After I came home we finally got finish exchanging gifts. I was glad to not miss everything. I was mostly excited for Alex's big gift from his Nana and Grandpa Ed, Gi Gi and Grandpa bill, and mom and dad, A play kitchen. More Christmas Pictures on http://picasaweb.google.com/Jaskowickpics

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
very cute post - glad you didn't have to ride a donkey too!
Congratulations! What a story, too. I wonder how you guys will handle the birthday presents and the Christmas presents thing. Oh well, I guess you have a few years before that's an issue. Hope you all get plenty of rest when you can. Luv, Lani
Congrates! How fun, a Christmas baby! I'm really excited for you! (my husband was born Dec 24th- it was an adjustment at first but has turned out to be a lot of fun! I just make sure his birthday presents are wrapped in birthday paper and not Christmas paper!! :) Keep in touch- we should get together sometime!
Sorry, this is Emily Walter- I must have been signed in under my husband's name?!!
Post a Comment